Roxas patted his pocket to make sure that he had his wallet while they walked. ”Um… they have sandwiches right? I’ll probably just get a pre-made one and not put any condiments on it so I don’t have to worry about a mess while working.” He decided out loud. ”Are you going to get anything?”
"Yes, there is an entire case of pre-made food. There are sandwiches, salads, and some other things." He replied to the musings. "I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to get. I’ll have to see what’s out." He continued. "What were you working on?"
Roxas’s cheeks flushed in embarrassment from the simple fact that he had forgotten to eat. ”Thanks, but at most I can only spare ten minutes. Then I have to get back to work.” He tapped the top of his cane as he followed Zexion, jittery because of the adrenaline running through his system while trying to meet so many deadlines.
Forgetting to eat was something that Zexion did on a somewhat regular basis due to the amount of work he had for school and his job. “Ten minutes is fine, it doesn’t have to take long. What do you want from the dining commons?” He asked as he walked.
If I rebolg a meme and we never interacted before
DO THE THING
If I reblog a meme and we have a thread
DO THE THING
If I reblog a meme and we have several threads
DO THE THING
srsly, just send me that stuff, just avalanche me with it and like, if you want to rp with me, that’s the best way to start it, I damn love memes and I reblog them for a reason so long story short
DO THE THING AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
So tbqh I’ve been losing faith in KyoAni recently. I used to absolutely love their shows, but Knk and the second season of Chuuni were just so meh that I’ve been kind of hating on them.
HOWEVER, THIS ISN’T A TIME TO WEEP OVER KYOANI’S AWFULNESS BECAUSE TODAY WE’RE GOING TO LEARN TO COOK SOME DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE FILLED MOCHI FROM THE ABSOLUTELY LOVELY SHOW, TAMAKO MARKET.
So strap in and get ready for the kawaii as fuck ride, friends, because this dessert is going to taste almost as cute as the characters KyoAni animates.
Tamako Market Chocolate Truffle filled Mochi
serves: 12-16 lil mochis
adapted from: x
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache Truffles-
- 8 oz good-quality dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
Ingredients for Mochi-
- 1 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Procedure for the Chocolate Ganache Truffles-
- Start crushing on that cute chick that works in the rival mochi store across the street. No one will blame you, she’s adorable as fuck.
- Chop the dark chocolate until it’s thin/small enough to melt.
- Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Combine the chopped chocolate and the butter into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat immediately. Pour the cream into the chocolate along with the vanilla, if using and stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass baking dish. Chill for 30 minutes or until the ganache is firm enough to form a ball.
- Prepare the cocoa powder for dusting and a plate with parchment paper.
- Bring out the chilled ganache, and with a spoon, scrape the ganache to about the size of a teaspoon. Then shape the ganache with the palm of your hands into balls.
- Place in the parchment-lined plate. Make 15 more pieces of ganache balls and chill while you prepare the mochi dough.
- Store the leftover ganache in a covered container in the fridge.
Procedure for the Mochi-
- Place glutinous rice flour and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Combine water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the sugar syrup. Stir until all flour is incorporated.
- Immediately turn dough onto a work surface lightly floured and knead until smooth and elastic, which will take like 5 minutes; dust with more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut or break apart into 12-16 pieces. Dust these pieces with more flour as you flatten those doughy pieces of shit into rectangles.
- Once everything’s ready, grab a piece of dough and stretch the sides.
- Brush off the excess flour from the dough using a pastry brush, or your hands if you decide to be a basic bitch.
- Place one piece of ganache ball in the center, gather the dough and press together to seal. Roll the balls on the counter or the palm of your hands to make a smooth round, if you want to make it into a heart shape like Tamako’s dad did, fuckin do it, I don’t own you.
- OPTIONAL STEP: you could coat the ready made mochi with more flour to prevent it from being sticky, or you could roll that shit around in coca powder.
- Once everything’s done, chill for 5-10 minutes (or however long you want) in the fridge before serving.
JESUS CHRIST WE JUST MADE CHOCOLATE FILLED MOCHI WOW HOW DELICIOUS.
YOU KNOW WHAT’S ALSO DELICIOUS? GIVING THESE CHOCOLATE MOCHIS TO YOUR CRUSH. THAT’S ADORABLE AS FUCK. YOU COULD PUT EM IN A HEART SHAPED BOX AND EVERYTHING.
And then when you get married because that adorable motherfucker falls in love with your cooking, I expect you to promo my blog in your wedding speech. Also I have to be the maid of honor.
And also you have to print my url on your wedding cake.
But that’s it, really.
ANYWAY, HAVE FUN DREAMING ABOUT YOUR NONEXISTENT WEDDING AS YOU EAT DELICIOUS SWEETS. PEACE OUT BROS.
Demyx sighed for the thousandth time that day, shouldering his navy blue bag filled with music theory books and such, his other hand clasped tightly around the hand of his Sitar case. It was ‘lunch time’ and Demxy was meant to be catching up with his supervisor for lunch, of course it wasn’t as easy as that, but he had lost his map a long time ago and the campus was absolutely filled with people.
Somehow he had found himself at the library. And with a shrug he pushed open the heavy wooden door with a gold plated plaque, Cyan eyes taking in thick navy carpet with intricate designs and the same shade of wallpaper with wooden panels. The Library was impressive, that much Demyx would admit, and he stepped forward as he scanned the room; the high roof with painted glass took up most of his attention, and when he finally looked down he found a single person sitting at one of the wooden tables.
That itself was very odd, and Demyx actually did a double take just to check if there was anyone else here; he had just assumed before he came in that this place would be pretty easy, but with a shrug he concluded that seeing as it was the first day maybe no-one had anything to find information for.
With another small gulp he started forward, his footsteps muted under the thick carpet, the only other person in the library slowly becoming more and more clear; from here he could see that she, Demyx was assuming it was a she, had periwinkle hair that shone in the light.
"Excuse me" he finally called once he was mere feet away, continuing in his journey till he was awkwardly standing beside the girl, his face pink. "I’m a little lost, could you help?"
The individual that Demyx thought was a woman was actually a man. This was going to be a more awkward situation than the other anticipated. Zexion heard someone walking through the library. It wasn’t all that common for people to be in this section since it was predominantly the government research and resource section.
Only when the individual was a foot or two away and spoke to Zexion did he look up from his book. He raised an eyebrow at the blond and the instrument case that he carried. He did look quite lost. Zexion looked at his book once more, took note of the page, and then closed it before answering. “That would depend on where you are trying to go.”
"I’ve worked a couple public service jobs myself, and there’s nothing glamorous about it. Some people are so entitled." The more annoyed he became with the screaming woman, the greater his foreign accent drilled out into his words. Roxas arched an eyebrow as she began to point at the person across the counter. "You’d be surprised what some managers will put their customers through to get their sale’s numbers higher."
Roxas opened his mouth to say something else snarky, and he turned in surprise when he finally acknowledged the face of the other. He was smartly dressed with the kind of cool exterior that somehow made everything about his peculiar haircut and colorization work. He was an interesting balance of new generation meets professional. “I don’t think it’s ever necessary. Some people are so rude I…”
The sound of a body smacking hard against the surface of the countertop made Roxas cut his gaze back to the screaming woman who’d lost her ever loving mind and attempted to lunge toward the barista’s throat. Roxas parted his lips and stared as everyone on standby nervously attempted to tug back the woman who was flailing and kicking over shelves brimming with coffee beans, mugs and to-go snacks for those on their way to work. “That woman has lost her fucking mind.”
He turned to Zexion and reached out to introduce himself with a handshake. “I’m Roxas. Nice to meet you, but I think we should leave if we want coffee before noon. There’s a place down the street if you wanna walk with me.” In the background Roxas heard the thud of someone tackling the woman and attempting to restrain her as she flailed and screeched. “I think they’ve got this under control.”
The young CEO nodded in agreement. “As have I. I am well aware of how unglamorous they are, and how terribly people tend to treat those in public service positions. The entitlement is ridiculous.” His brow furrowed at the continuation of the woman’s behavior. Was no one going to stop her? “I suppose my grandmother was more of a hardass when it came to actually being treated like a person. She wouldn’t have put up with this.”
The man in front of Zexion seemed surprised when he turned around and actually saw who he was holding conversation with. It wasn’t the first time that he had gotten looks like that. It was probably due to his hair and formal business attire. “I don’t believe this behavior is necessary either.”
Zexion looked back up to the counter when he heard the noise of something hitting the counter. “She really has lost her damn mind.” He grumbled before shaking the other’s offered hand. “It is nice to meet you as well, Roxas. My name is Zexion. And yes, I think we should head elsewhere. This wasn’t the quick cup of coffee I was hoping for on my way to work.”
- "Woah, when did you get that?"
- "Who did this to you?"
- "How many time have I told you to be more careful?"
- "You’re saying this was an accident?"
- "What a shiner!"
- "If you look like this, I’d hate to see the other guy."
- "I’m not buying it, you don’t walk into a door and get a bruise like that!"
- "Does it hurt when I touch it?"
- "Let me kiss it better."
- "If you don’t rest, you won’t heal."
- "Another fight?"
- "What happened to your face?"
- "I don’t think your arm is meant to bend like that…"
- "Let’s get you to bed."
- "Let’s get you to the hospital."
- "Why are you so calm about this?"
- "You’re bleeding!"
- "What are friends for, ey?"
- "So, instead of helping you, they ran off the moment they saw what was happening?"
- "You need to look where you’re going."
- "I’m not accusing anyone, I’m just saying it looks suspicious."
- "Do you want to tell me what really happened?"
- "Don’t move! You’ll faint!"
- "I’ve got some bandages, wait a sec."
- "You’re the clumsiest person I know."
- "I won’t let you be on your own, not when you’re like this."
- "How could you be so careless?"
- "I can’t even look at you, you promised not to get into any more fights!"
- "H-how many of them were there?"
He presses the intercom without turning away from what he was doing, knowing perfectly well who it was.
"And give me a good reason why? Other than dating my son of course."
Zexion sighed, of course Stan was going to be like this.
"My phone and half of my school books are in there. I left them by accident, and I am running late. I am being polite and asking to come inside opposed to teleporting in."